I’m the sort of person who can’t own too many things. It stresses me out to have too much lying around, and I do my best to only keep things that I use regularly or are extremely special to me in my possession. I’m in the midst of moving right now, and though I’ve only lived in this apartment for a year and a half, it’s amazing how much random crap I’ve gathered. I am in the midst of decluttering my space which also helps me clear my mind.
If you’re feeling a little frazzled, here’s a simple list of things to get out of your space and help you get a fresh start to your week:
- DVDs or VHS tapes that you haven’t watched in years and don’t intend on watching any time soon
- Books that you probably won’t read. The library is a wonderful place – you don’t need to collect ALL the books. 🙂
- Clothes that haven’t fit in a long time or that you haven’t worn in the past year
- Picture frames and decor that you don’t have hanging up/don’t have plans for
- Random cords and old electronics
- Shoes that you haven’t worn in years
- Old bedding
- Old makeup
- Expired food that’s been hanging out in your cupboard or fridge for too long
- Anything broken or damaged that has been that way for awhile and you know deep down you’re not going to get fixed
Hopefully this list is a good start for you.
Happy Monday! ❤